Invasive species reduce the biodiversity and available habitat for wildlife in the area. Invasive plants outgrow natives and take away nutrition and light. Many are garden escapes. Some plants are listed as provincial noxious and it is mandatory they be controlled. Along the Miami River Greenway we control:
Pacific Salmon Foundation – News Releases
Pacific Salmon Foundation
- Rapid response for salmon amidst flood and fire threats
- FNFC & PSF work toward a collaborative model for salmon recovery
- Where’s Wilbur?
- Countless volunteers and nearly 100 salmon conservation projects across B.C. granted $1M
- Study investigates presence of infectious agents in wild Pacific salmon
- Hundreds of volunteers restore salmon habitat in Greater Victoria
- Haida Gwaii student receives full-ride scholarship to SFU
The vision of the Miami River Streamkeepers Society is to restore the Miami River through an ongoing revitalization program.